The little annoying things you learn
- Exercise every day (even when you don’t want to)
- Keep your fibre up in your diet (even when you don’t want to)
- Drink just as much water as alcohol (even when you don’t want to)
- Try strange foods, and be adventurous. Street food will be the best food you have.
- Sales people, are sales people, are sales people everywhere in the world.
- Those who come from the coldest climates, complain the most about cold weather (or the window being down on a 35C day on an overland truck)
- People that can not speak English (on an English tour) are the most un-intentionally funny people.
- The nickname you don’t like will be the only one that people remember.
- You can never have enough memory cards.
- Charge your stuff at every opportunity as you never know when the next time you can will be.
- When getting out of the tent and shining your torch at 5am, don’t trip over the warthog!
- When getting out of the tent in the Serengeti don’t freeze up like an idiot when there is two hyenas charging at you.
- Scammers are everywhere, always be aware and keep up with the current trends.
Most of all